March 14, 2012

20-Everything

Hello out there!

I'm so glad you stumbled upon my new blog :)

I've tried my hand at blogging a couple times before, but it never really stuck. I figure the third time's the charm, right? Now that I'm officially living life "post-grad" it seemed like a good time to give blogging another whirl. I'm not sure quite what this will turn into, so I don't want to pidgeonhole myself by trying to tell you what to expect. Expect the unexpected!

I love to cook and bake and craft things, so recipes and posts about my own trials and errors in the domestic realm will likely grace this blog, but then again, I also like to think of myself as quasi-intellectual, so I'm not ruling out the possibility of an essay on the meaning of life either.

I guess that's why I consider myself a 20-everything. So many people my age are so determined to succeed that they end up limiting themselves. Believe me, I want to succeed, but I want to do it MY way. I am proudly paradoxical: I openly admit that I envision myself baking elaborate holiday meals for my (future) family while wearing pearls and a ruffled apron, but I also don't hide the fact that I like learning and traveling and just plain old thinking.

I've got nine years left of my twenties, and I don't want to spend them being just a 20-something. I don't want to be a 20-student or a 20-wife or a 20-mom or a 20-businesswoman. Similarly, I don't want to be a 20-feminist or a 20-traditional southern belle...although if I had to choose, I'd pick southern belle every time! Basically, I don't want to be defined by any one particular thing.

I want to be a 20-everything :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tate! I didn't know you were a blogger! :)
    I saw it on facebook, I'll have to catch up reading late, but best of luck with it all! Can't wait to see your recipes!

    -jessica tingle

    ReplyDelete