April 13, 2012

Accio Suntan!


Last week my family went on our last family vacation before I get married. It was my not-so-little brother’s spring break (he’s a senior in high school) so we took a trip to Orlando, Florida. It was the first time in over a decade that all of us took a vacation together and we had a great time!

Here we are after eating at Margaritaville in Universal Studio's City Walk:


We ate at lots of tasty restaurants, including Margaritaville, Bahama Breeze, and Joe’s Crab Shack, where we met the fiancé’s parents for dinner. It was so nice getting to see them for the first time since getting engaged! I’m definitely blessed to join their family :) 

The fiancé's dad and mine at Joe's Crab Shack:


We stayed at a lovely little condo, on Britannia Blvd, which made my little anglophile heart skip a beat. The majority of the time we were at the condo I was lounging on a float in the pool soaking up the sun. It was heavenly.

When we weren’t at the condo we were busy riding rides at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. Let me just say, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter was AWESOME!!! I am such a dork and have read the books all at least twice and recently watched all eight movies with the fiancé, so I was eating it up.



You better believe I bought a wand. All the wands correspond to dates, sort of like horoscopes, and my wand corresponds to September 22…our wedding date! Aww :)




For part of the day the fam did their own thing and I just soaked up all the wonder in Harry Potter world. I rode the rides, toured Hogwarts Castle, wandered through Honeydukes and Zonkos and watched someone get chosen by their wand at Ollivander’s.

The fam met up with me again for lunch, and I had some tasty fish n’ chips at The Three Broomsticks. I also got a mug of frothy, frozen butterbeer that was SO good. Then I mailed the fiancé a postcard from the Owl Post and allowed the fam to drag me out of Hogsmeade to experience the rest of the park.

Yum!


All in all, it was a great trip and I’m really glad we all got to go on one last family vacation before I’m a Mrs!

No comments:

Post a Comment