April 09, 2012

We're ENGAGED!

Greetings, blog readers! Sorry it has taken me so long to get my second post up, but when I started this blog I had no idea that my life would be getting so hectic literally the very next day after posting for the first time. I can’t complain a single bit though, because…

I’m getting MARRIED!!! 

It looks like I will get to be a domestic goddess after all :) I love my fiancĂ©, Jason, SO much and I can’t even wait to be his wife! I really hope that above all else our marriage will bring glory to God. That’s the purpose of everything, after all. I’m sure it’s much easier said than done, but hopefully being conscious of it now will help keep our purpose in focus as the years go by.

So, without further ado, let’s get to the exciting part: how he popped the question!

On St. Patrick’s Day I woke up to an alarm I didn’t set and a text message from the “Minister of Clues.” It told me to get ready and let him know when I was in my car ready to go.



Once in my car I found the first of what would be 7 clues leading me all around town. The first clue led me to my best friend’s house  and instructed me to pick her up—she had come home from school just to be a part of the proposal! From there, the clues let me to the place we first met (church), to the restaurant where we first met for lunch, to the park where we played volleyball the past two summers, the couch where we shared our first kiss (in his house…he had even rearranged the furniture back to how it was that day!) and finally to the restaurant where we ate dinner after our first “real “date in Lexington.

When I got the last clue from the hostess at PF Changs, I had to solve the puzzle on the back of the clues. After much confusion in the parking lot struggling over the puzzle, Sarah (my best friend/future Maid of Honor) and I realized it was a jellyfish…which meant we had to drive all the way to Newport to go to the Aquarium where Jason took me on our first date!


What I didn't realize until later was that after putting the puzzle together, if I had flipped it back over, I would have figured out what was going on!



Once we got to Newport on the Levee, I received another clue from the ticket counter worker, which led me to the bench that we sat on after our first date. As soon as I saw him sitting there waiting for me everything else became a blur and it hit me…he was really going to propose!

We talked just a little bit about the adventure he sent me on that led me to where we were, and then he told me that he had known for quite a while that he wanted me to be his wife :) After that, he got down on one knee and asked if I would marry him. Of course I said yes!! Really I more nodded than anything, because I could hardly get my voice to work. Plus, I just wanted to kiss him so much that I could barely sit still long enough to let him put the ring on!



If I do say so myself, he did an EXCELLENT job picking out my beautiful ring!



After I had the ring safely on my finger, he pointed over to a little welcome gazebo nearby where Sarah was waiting along with my mom and brother, who had tagged along with him the whole time! It was really special to me that he thought to include my family and best friend. Plus it’s so nice that they took pictures  and even a video of him proposing!


Oh yeah, after he proposed we had to hightail it back to Frankfort because we ran a race that night...


All in all, I couldn’t be happier to be marrying the man of my dreams and I can’t even imagine a more perfect proposal. He is AMAZING! I am one lucky woman and God is good :)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! You make an absolutely beautiful couple :)

    ReplyDelete