November 14, 2012

Christmas Kick-Off


This past weekend the Hyatt household was busy busy busy! On Thursday night, we headed downtown after work to check out Frankfort’s annual Candlelight Tour. It’s sort of like an open house for businesses and restaurants downtown, and to most Frankfort folks it signals the start of the holiday season. We got some free hot chocolate, heard the KSU band play carols, and saw the mayor light up the Christmas tree on the Old Capitol lawn. That’s always my favorite part! I’ve been going to the Candlelight Tour my whole life, and this is the third year Jason and I have gone together. It’s a great local tradition!



Luminaries lined the sidewalks. 


I met Rudolph!


Jason & I


Christmas Tree on the Old Capital Lawn

On Saturday my mom’s side of the family came to see our new house. My grandmother, aunt, and cousin came from Owensboro for the day and my aunt and uncle from Frankfort came over too. It was fun to feel like a hostess! 

Afterwards, we had lunch at Cracker Barrel, which of course was delicious. My aunt and uncle who live in Frankfort mentioned they were getting rid of their Christmas tree this year to make room for a new one, so later that afternoon Jason and I rescued it from trashdom.  We strung a new string of lights on the section that was out, and now it’s looks great lighting up our front office! 

We’re still in the process of decorating the house for Christmas, but I’ll post more about that when we’re done. So far my greatest achievement has been the bow I learned to make to top our Christmas tree…Pinterest inspired of course!

1 comment:

  1. Wow the Christmas Tree on the Old Capital Lawn looks amazing! Seems you all had a wonderful and amazing time :)

    ReplyDelete