November 17, 2012

Decking the Halls


Ladies and gentlemen, the Hyatt household is ready for Christmas!

After we rescued the new-to-us tree from my aunt and uncle’s house on Saturday we couldn’t resist setting it up to see what we had to work with. Well that got us feeling Christmas-y, so we just went ahead and did the main tree and the rest of the decor too! My husband is a saint, because if it were up to him nothing would be decorated until after Thanksgiving. He knows how much I love it though, so he put his all into helping me decorate. He’s the best!

Here is the finished product in our living room:

We started outside, where we put icicle lights on our porch roof and regular white lights around the columns. We also put wreaths with a simple red bow on all of our front windows. Inside the front windows we have electric candles, which look great from the outside accenting the wreaths. The wreath on our front door is the same as the ones on the windows, but with a gold bow to make it stand out.

During the day:

All lit up:

Inside our house we have TWO trees! That’s pretty exciting in my book! In the front of the house is the new-to-us tree, which is decorated with all white and silver ornaments. I love having a tree there, because it can be seen through the front window. Our main tree is in the living room, and is decorated in red, green and gold. Naturally, I was going for classic and traditional. My favorite part is the bow on top, which I made myself! I’m pretty proud of it, along with another snazzy bow I made for the wreath hanging on the mirror above our fireplace. I know bows are the tip of the crafting iceberg, but I felt like a regular domestic goddess! Baby steps, right?

I crafted this bad boy all by myself!

Here's the tree in the front office: 

Other than the wreath, we kept it simple on the mantle with just a strand of lighted garland and our stockings, which are monogrammed with the first letter of our names. In front of the fireplace the nutcrackers my dad has given me over the years are displayed in a row; that was Jason’s idea and it looks great!  Jason also surprised me by wrapping our stair rail in garland, which I love too! Other than that we have a nativity scene set up and my Christmas Cookie scented Yankee Candle out. I think that’s it!

Our stockings are hung by the chimney with care...

It was so much fun decorating our first home together for Christmas. For me the best part was Jason hanging the ornament we bought on our honeymoon (at Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe in Disney World) on the tree. 

Our First Christmas Ornament

I can’t wait to add more meaningful ornaments to our tree as we spend many, many more Christmases together. It really is the most wonderful time of the year!

2 comments:

  1. It's all so gorgeous!!! And great pics! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh what a beautiful winter wonderland that you've created!!!!!

    ReplyDelete