December 04, 2012

Turkey Day (Recipes!)


I know I'm really late, but HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
Better late than never, right?

Although Jason and I have celebrated Thanksgiving twice before, this year was extra special because we had been married exactly two months on Thanksgiving Day.
I’m  VERY thankful for him!

Our First Thanksgiving 

On actual Thanksgiving we headed to Evansville, Indiana to celebrate with my mom’s side of the family. I whipped up a homemade pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving Eve (with the help of my best friend, Sarah) to bring to the festivities.

Here's Sarah!

I used the traditional Libby’s Pumpkin Pie Recipe, listed below:

 Ingredients:

1 9 inch unbaked deep dish pie crust
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 eggs
1 (15 oz) can Libby's 100% pure pumpkin
1 (12 fluid oz) can Nestle carnation evaporated milk

Directions:

-Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
-Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in a small bowl
-Beat eggs lightly (with fork) in a large bowl
-Stir pumpkin and sugar/spice mixture into the bowl with the eggs
-Gradually stir in evaporated milk
-Pour mixture into pie shell
-Bake for 15 minutes
-Reduce temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 45 more minutes
-Cool on wire rack for 2 hours and either serve immediately or refrigerate

We had FIVE homemade pies! My pumpkin one is on the top left.

On the Saturday after Thanksgiving, we went over to my parents’ house for another meal with my dad’s side of the family. I made my first ever batch of corn pudding from a recipe I received at my wedding shower. It turned out great, but they didn’t write their name on the recipe card so I don’t know whom to thank! If you recognize this recipe let me know so I can give credit where credit is due!

Here's the Corn Pudding Recipe I used:

Ingredients:

1 (8.5 oz) box Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 can whole kernel corn (NOT drained)
1 can creamed corn
1 stick butter (melted)
1 cup sour cream
2 eggs

Directions:

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
-Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl until well blended
-Pour into flat baking dish (I used a 13x9 inch clear Pyrex dish)
-Bake for 45-50 minutes

I didn’t get a picture of my corn pudding because everyone gobbled it right up! I did get a good picture of what the women versus men were doing all day in Evansville though...

My aunt and my Mom were busy in the kitchen working on the rolls.

MEANWHILE...

My dad, husband, and brother were in the living room bonding over their cell phones!

Bless their hearts :)

Unfortunately we weren’t able to gather together with Jason’s family for Thanksgiving, but we are really looking forward to spending time with them over Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. I would check with Patti, she may have written down the corn pudding recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The desserts look amazing! Looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete