May 25, 2013

It's a BOY!

On Thursday, May 23, at 16 weeks and 2 days pregnant, we found out we are expecting a little baby boy! Everyone in our family except for my mom and Jason's dad guessed right, but I was still so surprised! When I first found out I was pregnant, I thought it would be a girl, but for about a week or so leading up to finding out I started to feel like it was a boy. I think he knew I thought he was a girl and was trying to tell me, "I'm a boy, Mom!" So much for my maternal instinct! 


I would have been thrilled no matter what, but now that we know he's a boy I'm so glad! I'm excited that we have a boy to carry on Jason's last name (we were his family's only chance) and I'm excited that hopefully he'll get to be a big brother someday. I just love the idea of big brothers :)  Plus, it's so much fun planning now that we know he's a boy! We've already picked him out some adorable outfits, including a Mickey Mouse outfit in case he makes his debut early and in time for Halloween. Today we got him some tiny plaid shorts and a preppy little sweater that I adore.

My favorite picture of him is the 3D one they took of his face. I can't stop staring at it! It's so amazing to think that there is a real person growing inside of me, with eyes and a nose and a mouth and ten fingers and ten toes. 



 I can't wait to kiss his sweet face and hold him in my arms for the first time. He's a perfect little miracle and I love him with all my heart. I am so blessed and so thankful!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it crazy?? A little human growing!! Such a miracle. Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He and Judah will only be about 6 months apart so hopefully they'll be big buds :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will!! And Harper too! Haha, they will have an older woman to fight over ;]

      Delete