July 16, 2013

24 Weeks


How Far Along: 24 weeks
Total Weight Gain: I made the horrible mistake of weighing myself the other day and  I've gained about 20 pounds. I know it's within the healthy range, but still, yikes! It's pretty much all in the front, but I still hate seeing those numbers on the scale. If this is a test of my body image, I'm failing miserably because I am not at all a fan of gaining weight.
Maternity Clothes: It's hot. And most of my clothes are pants and long sleeved shirts. So, if you see me in the same outfit multiple times in a row, don't judge me!
Sleep: It's not so bad. I've started waking up to pee at night again, but I'm so used to it at this point that often times the next day I can't remember if I woke up to pee or not. I'm like a bathroom zombie.
Stretch Marks: Nothing yet...
Highlight of the Week: On Thursday night Jason took me on a date! We went out to dinner at the new La Fiesta downtown, which I had been wanting to try forever. Their salsa is AMAZING! Then we went to see Monster's University, which was really cute. I love going on dates, so it was a lot of fun :) Thank you, babe!
Missing: Same old, same old. Just missing having more clothing options for when it's HOT outside. But overall I still love being pregnant!
Movement: More and more every day. Love it!
Cravings: Milk! I drank almost a whole gallon by myself in like three days. Yum.
Food Aversions: None
Symptoms: The newest one is leg cramps. Holy moly! I've had them twice this week and both times it woke me up. I think I scared Jason to death last night with my writhing around and yelping.
Showing: Definitely no hiding it now!
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: Nope, not even Braxton Hicks contractions, which I am glad about.
Belly Button In or Out: After careful consideration, I've decided it looks like a crater. The edges of it definitely protrude, but the middle part is still inside. Very strange.
Wedding Rings On or Off: On, but I think the time is quickly approaching to retire them. I'm considering getting a huge, fake replica of Kate Middleton's engagement ring to wear after mine get too tight. Good idea, right? Just kidding, but I will want to wear something so it's still obvious that I'm married.
Most looking forward to: I'm still looking forward to being done with weddings (just 2 more to go!) and I'm excited about starting the 3rd trimester in a few more weeks.
Milestones: This might seem like an odd thing to be excited about, but at 24 weeks he actually has a decent shot at surviving if he were to be born right now. Obviously I hope he keeps cooking until he's all done, but it's reassuring to know that from here on out he's more and more likely to be okay if he's born early.

1 comment:

  1. Love hearing about how your pregnancy is going on here! You should definitely get a ring! I wish I had!!

    ReplyDelete