August 20, 2013

29 Weeks

How Far Along: 29 weeks. I can't believe I have known about this baby for 25 weeks and we only have 11 weeks to go! It feels like it's flying by!
Total Weight Gain: 29 pounds
Maternity Clothes: Even my maternity clothes are starting to get snug at this point. I have a feeling that for the last few weeks I will live in underwear and oversized t-shirts. Hopefully I won't have to get out much!
Sleep: What's that? Sleep has been an absolute nightmare lately. I did okay last night, but the night before I had horrible heartburn all night long and I couldn't get comfortable to save my life. I literally got about 2.5 hours of sleep that night. I really hope it's just a fluke, because I don't know how I will function if I can't sleep for the next 11 weeks. Lord knows I won't be sleeping much after he gets here, so I need to stockpile it while I can!
Stretch Marks: Nope! Hooray!
Highlight of the Week: Even though it started off rough, I was so glad I was able to meet the midwife Katie at our appointment on Thursday. She really made me feel confident about giving birth naturally and I really, really hope she is the one who delivers him.
Missing: Being comfortable.
Movement: He's still moving, but I can tell he's starting to get cramped in there. It's more big swishes across my whole belly than kicks. We know he's head down and facing my back, so when I see a big lump go across my belly know I know it's his cute little butt!
Cravings: Nothing really. Sweets maybe, but that's not unusual for me even when I'm not pregnant :)
Food Aversions: None
Symptoms: Oh let's see...heartburn, getting tired after standing up for very long, not being able to take deep breaths (especially after eating), not being able to get comfortable to sleep...
Showing: Oh yes
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: Nope. I don't know what Braxton Hicks contractions are supposed to feel like, but I'm pretty sure I haven't had any. I think I would know if I did.
Belly Button In or Out: I guess it can be called an outie finally, but really it is just a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. (Props to anyone who knows who said that!)
Wedding Rings On or Off: Off, and I continue to miss them. I'm thinking that after I have this baby I may need to get them re-sized. I was so afraid of them falling off back when I got them that I erred on the side of too tight, and now that I'm wearing my fake one that's a little loose I like how it feels. I also am contemplating getting them unsautered together so it feels like I'm wearing two rings instead of just one. We shall see...
Most looking forward to: My baby showers! I'm also really excited about the breast feeding class and childbirth class Jason and I are taking this week. We get to go on a tour of the labor and delivery area of the hospital and I think it will ease my mind to know what it's like in there.
Milestones: According to What To Expect, he weighs just under 3 pounds and is about 17 inches long!

2 comments:

  1. How stinking cute are you! NO Stretch Marks?! If we could all be so lucky!! You are like the model of a perfect pregnancy...which means you need to have lots of babies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAJOR props to you on going the natural route. I had both of mine with great midwives and no drugs at all. I loved Katie and had a great experience there and I hope you do too!!
    Nothing really helped me with heartburn besides drinking a ton of milk and sleeping propped up in the recliner. :/

    ReplyDelete