August 28, 2013

30 Weeks



How Far Along: 30 weeks
Total Weight Gain: 31 pounds...que sera sera
Maternity Clothes: Same old, same old
Sleep: I've commandeered Jason's feather pillow to use to prop my belly up with at night, so I'm doing a little better. I've accepted that it's just going to get worse from here on out, but it's really not too bad.
Stretch Marks: Still nothing!
Highlight of the Week: Despite having to take the dreaded 3 hour Gestational Diabetes test yesterday, it was a really good day. Jason prayed for me when I woke up which started the day off on a good note and then the nurse who took my blood was incredibly nice and got me all set up in the waiting room on the couch with some sheets and my pillow so I could rest in between the hourly pricks. After the test was over I was told not to go back to work, but to eat something and go home and rest. So, I met Jason at his office for lunch, which is always nice, and then on a whim I stopped at Starbucks to see if they had pumpkin spice yet (since it very well could have been my last chance to get one if I end up having GD). The lady there was really nice and made me one even though the official release date wasn't until today. Then to make it even sweeter, it was free! I literally could have cried; I was so happy and thankful. It was just so nice of her and I really, really appreciated it. I didn't expect to be able to get one at all, and especially not for free! I was legitimately emotional as I left because of how nice she was to me. Then, to top off a great afternoon, I got home, watched Harry Potter, sipped my pumpkin spice frappucino and relaxed. It was exactly what I needed!
Missing: What I really miss is being able to eat what I want without worrying about potentially having gestational diabetes :( I should find out my results today. I'll keep you all posted!
Movement: He's moving a ton these days! The other day Jason and I could clearly see his FOOT poking straight up out of my belly!
Cravings: Nothing in particular
Food Aversions: None
Symptoms: I really don't have much to complain about. My fingers are a little swollen, especially when I go outside to walk, and I get worn out pretty quickly, but overall I feel great. The other day I had a random bout of morning sickness for the first time in months, but it was a one time thing and it reminded me how glad I am the first trimester is well behind me! If anything, my main symptom is just getting bigger and bigger, which makes things like breathing and getting up and down a bit more difficult.
Showing: Yep
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button In or Out: Out, I guess. It still looks like the end of a balloon in my opinion.
Wedding Rings On or Off: Off, which is good because I tried to put them back on just to see if they'd fit and there was no way! I'm glad I took them off when I did!
Most looking forward to: I have my first baby shower on Saturday!!! I can't believe it's already time for showers. This pregnancy has flown by!
Milestones: I'm 75% done! It's crazy to think that I'll be holding my baby in a mere 10 weeks (give or take about 2 weeks). I'm getting so excited for him to be here already!

1 comment:

  1. So wonderful about the coffee!! Jesus loves youuuu!!!

    ReplyDelete