August 14, 2013

August Lately...

The past few weeks have been busy around our house. The good kind of busy, mostly!

First of all, as I mentioned in my 27 weeks post, we got a van! It's a 2007 Honda Odyssey Touring and it is pretty snazzy if I do say so myself. It's got a DVD player, a back up camera, built in navigation, a cool storage area in the floor that has a lazy susan in it, and lot of other nifty things that Jason knows how to work and I don't because he actually read the manual. I'm counting on him to teach me because I don't have the patience for manuals :) I currently drive a 1999 Camry (lovingly named Linda Peggy), which is a great little car, but it doesn't come close to having all the bells and whistles that the van has. I feel like I am piloting a spaceship when I drive the van! Plus, on the more practical side, it is SO much more convenient to get the car seat in and out of. Basically, I love it!

Do I look like a girl who's excited to be a mama or what? We're ready for you now, little buddy!



(Sidenote: If you're looking for a 1999 Camry, I know a girl who'd sell you one!)

In other news, my 23rd birthday was on Saturday! Jason had surgery on Thursday to fix a small hernia, so we celebrated at home with our moms, my brother and my grandmother. Mom brought over Thai Smile and homemade cake pops (yum!) and Jason's mom made some brownies and brought flowers to brighten up our kitchen :) I had a really good day being with family and the best birthday gift of all was my healthy, healing husband! I was nervous about him having surgery (even though it was a simple, quick procedure), so I was beyond happy that it was over with and had gone well.

Happy birthday to me!



Here's us in the hospital after his surgery. He was pretty sleepy!



Somehow, he managed to look good even in the hospital gown, but I told him not to expect the same from me when I'm in the hospital giving birth in a few months! :) While surgery was stressful for me (and I know it wasn't fun for him), I did have a really happy moment when he was first starting to come out of the anesthesia. It was taking longer than expected, so they called me on the waiting room phone to tell me not to worry and to let me talk to him. The very first thing he said was, "Hi dear; I love you." Naturally, he doesn't remember, but it made me so happy to know that's the first thing that came to his mind :)

No comments:

Post a Comment