October 16, 2013

37 Weeks: Full Term!


How Far Along: 37 weeks
Total Weight Gain: I don't know because I choose not to torture myself, but I was told at my appointment that I lost a pound last week! It's about time he started leeching his body weight off of mine!
Maternity Clothes: I just have to make it to Friday, which is my last day of work. (Yay!) Then I'll be doing well to be wearing clothes at all. (Kidding!) I actually wore Jason's shirt to church on Sunday, and I think it looked pretty snazzy!
Sleep: It's actually going okay. I roll over to switch sides about 1,000 times per night, but that's the norm now so I'm used to it. I'm also waking up at the crack of dawn regardless of the fact that I don't have to be up that early.
Stretch Marks: Nope! I'm hoping and praying they stay far, far away for these next few weeks!
Highlight of the Week: On Saturday, Jason and I bought the rest of the must-have items we need for Sawyer. There are still things we'd like to have, of course, and things we will need to have eventually, but I am glad we have the necessities for his first few weeks. Now he can just come on out whenever he's ready!
Missing: I mainly just miss being able to move quickly and however I want. Honestly though, I've had a wonderful pregnancy and I can't complain one bit.
Movement: I worry about him not moving much sometimes, but then he wakes up and puts on a half hour Riverdance performance, so I think he's doing pretty well in this category. Supposedly he already has the sleep patterns of a newborn, so that's why he's still sometimes (sleeping) and crazy at other times (awake).
Cravings: Milk, of course. And apples with caramel dip.
Food Aversions: None.
Symptoms: Being large is my main symptom. I seriously can't hardly get up without Jason helping me. Also, my hands fall asleep at night and my finger joints hurt in the mornings. Plus, I'm in full on nesting mode at this point. And as of yesterday, my feet have started to swell.
Showing: Yep
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: Not yet, but I am on the lookout!
Belly Button In or Out: Out
Wedding Rings On or Off: Off
Most looking forward to: Meeting my baby! I am so excited I can hardly stand it! 
Milestones: He's FULL TERM!!! He could come at any moment! Of course, he'll probably wait until 42 weeks just to make me suffer, but even if he does, I WILL have a baby sometime between today and 5 weeks from now!

2 comments: