October 22, 2013

38 Weeks


How Far Along: 38 weeks
Total Weight Gain: I accidentally peeked at the doctor's office today and it is far too terrible to put on the interwebs. Oh how I pray it all comes off after he gets here. Have I mentioned this is the worst part of being pregnant?
Maternity Clothes: Now that I'm not working, I will probably start living in t-shirts and undies at home. Literally none of my pants are comfortable anymore. Mom gave me some pajama pants last night that I am wearing at the moment and they are quite comfy.
Sleep: I'm wide awake these days. I wake up about every three hours during the night, which I guess is just my body preparing to take care of a newborn. Naturally, now that I can sleep in, my body won't let me! I think part of my problem is just nervous energy and excitement.
Stretch Marks: Still none! (I am really, really hoping it stays that way.)
Highlight of the Week: Hmm...I have had a pretty good week. I guess my highlight would have to be Friday though, which was my last day of work. Now I get to be a stay-at-home mom for a few years!
Missing: Not much, really. I am still trying to savor these last few weeks of being pregnant. I am really looking forward to being able to wear my pre-pregnancy clothes though. (Lord willing!)
Movement: He's still his regular crazy self in there :) When my midwife took his heartbeat today he was moving all over the place!
Cravings: Same old, same old.
Food Aversions: None
Symptoms: There is a sore spot on the left side of my back, right under my shoulder blade that really bugs me. I heard it pop a few weeks ago, and ever since then it has been sore. My back in general is starting to get achy and my feet are getting bigger. Not necessarily swelling, but they are definitely bigger. I hope they shrink back too or else none of my shoes are going to fit!
Showing: Yep
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: Not a thing. I think being this far along is similar to the "2 Week Wait" women go through while they are waiting to take a pregnancy test, because I keep analyzing my body for even the slightest hint that something is happening! At my appointment today, my midwife told me my cervix is softening, but still no effacement or dilation. If I'm still nada at 41 weeks, she will strip my membranes, but I am hoping he'll come out on his own before then.
Belly Button In or Out: Out
Wedding Rings On or Off: Off, and I still really miss them.
Most looking forward to: Going into labor! I am actually really excited about experiencing labor. And of course I am anxious to hold my sweet boy already!
Milestones: He's just packing on the chub at this point. Hopefully just 2 weeks to go!

2 comments:

  1. Ava and Landon both arrived approximately a week early. Here's hoping Sawyer is of the same mindset!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you....so happy that you are now a SHM (stay home mom ;) ) but seriously its not the same here without your wonderful personality. I am very jealous about you sleeping in, wearing sweats and also that you have no stretch marks! (are you a human) :) love and hugs to you. Praying for you, Jason and Sawyer daily!

    ReplyDelete