November 05, 2013

40 Weeks



How Far Along: 40 weeks
Total Weight Gain: Down from last week! The total is still a nightmare, but at least it's slowly starting to decrease. If only this baby would come out, I'd lose a good chunk of it!
Maternity Clothes: My maternity leggings are my new best friend. If you see me wearing anything other than leggings, you should feel incredibly honored that I dressed up for you.
Sleep: Still not really that tired most of the time. I wake up early and often, but I try to stay in bed as long as I can to make the days pass more quickly. Sad, I know.
Stretch Marks: Thankfully, still nothing.
Highlight of the Week: I'm not going to lie; this past week was really rough. I was an emotional wreck all week (unfortunately for my poor husband) and then to top it all off, our van's battery died yesterday right as I was getting ready to go meet him for lunch. I was all dressed up (wearing a dress and NON-maternity tights), excited about having Mexican for lunch, and looking forward to getting out of the house and spending time with Jason.  Then I go to start the van and it won't even make a sound. I was so disappointed that I just sat in the van for about 30 minutes feeling sorry for myself before I could work up the nerve to go back inside. ANYWAY, the point is, I had a pretty rotten week. There were a few highlights though, such as passing out candy on Halloween (I mean, November 1st), and getting my nails done after my appointment today. I can't have Sawyer's first impression of me tarnished by having ratty nails! Plus, my appointment today went well, thank goodness!
Missing: I miss the olden days when people didn't ask me every day whether or not the baby has been born yet. I know people ask out of love and excitement, but it makes the waiting a lot worse for me. 
Movement: He's still a wild child like always :) He showed my midwife his sweet moves during my appointment today.
Cravings: Nothing new really. I still drink a lot of milk.
Food Aversions: None
Symptoms: I'm having joint pain at my right hip, knee, and ankle. My fingers also still hurt. Worst of all though is that my emotions are going crazy!
Showing: Yep
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: As of my appointment this morning, I was a whopping 1 centimeter dilated! Woo hoo! My midwife was able to strip my membranes, but I don't feel any different, so I'm not holding my breath. Honestly, I am just glad that I have made some improvement, however small it may be.
Belly Button In or Out: Out
Wedding Rings On or Off: Off
Most looking forward to: Having this baby already!
Milestones: Well, today was his due date, so if that's not a milestone, I don't know what is!

No comments:

Post a Comment