January 20, 2015

28 Weeks: THIRD TRIMESTER!


Weight Gain: +22
Maternity Clothes: I've already outgrown a few things and it makes me kind of sad to think that I'll probably never wear them again :(
Sleep: Still having the weirdest dreams. It is so strange!
Stretch Marks: Not yet...
Highlight of the Week: We have gotten a lot done on the boys' rooms the past couple of weeks, so I feel a lot less stressed now that that is in progress! Sawyer has moved into his big boy room and the new baby will be using Sawyer's old nursery, but with new d├ęcor. I am really happy with how both of the rooms are coming along! Once they're finished, I'll try to post pictures here on the blog. Sawyer made the transition to his new room like a champ, so that was a relief as well!
Missing: Energy. I seriously can't tell if I am exhausted all the time because I'm pregnant and chasing after a toddler or if something is actually wrong with me.
Movement: I feel him up higher than I did before, so I think he may have flipped!
Cravings: milk, McDonald's sweet tea
Symptoms: Heartburn, itchy skin, fatigue, a little bit of swelling in my feet if I stand too long
Showing: Yes
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button: Out
Wedding Rings: I finally took them off :( They were starting to get a little tight when I over exerted myself and I didn't want to risk them getting stuck. I hate not wearing them!
Most Looking Forward To: Tomorrow Jason and I are meeting with a doula to see if that's an option we want to pursue. I really, really, really want to have a natural birth this time and I think that having a doula to be my advocate to the nurses, help me make decisions and feel confident in them, and just be someone who can give me the tough love/support that I need to power through the hardest parts of labor will help me achieve the birth I want so badly. Hopefully she will be a good fit for us!
Milestones: We've made it to the third trimester! It seems like this pregnancy has absolutely FLOWN! As miserable as the third trimester probably will be, I hope I can cherish each second of the remainder of my pregnancy. I truly do love being pregnant and I am really going to miss it if this is my last pregnancy. There is something so incredible about knowing you are creating life and being able to feel that life inside of you! It's pretty neat getting to be an integral part of one of God's miracles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment