April 11, 2015

Clark's Nursery

Description: For Clark's nursery I wanted to create a space that was elegant, calm, and totally different from Sawyer's room. We moved Sawyer into a different bedroom and used his old room (and furniture) for the baby, so it was important to me that Clark's room be unique and not feel like a hand-me-down. I was going for a "classy safari" feel, but I didn't want it to be too "theme-y." The prints above the crib were the first thing I found that I knew I wanted in the room and the rest just flowed from there.

Design Inspiration: I found a picture of a nursery I loved on Pinterest back when I was pregnant
with Sawyer, but I just couldn't figure out how to make it work. This time, I decided to stop trying to replicate that nursery and instead try to achieve the same feel, and I think I managed to do that. Also, Jason and I had been eyeing the big giraffe by Melissa and Doug for a long time, so we were excited that it fit in!
Favorite Items: I still love the rocking chair that was once Jason's great-grandmother's; it is so special to me. I also have a soft spot in my heart for the lion on the shelf, which my mom painted when she was little for my grandfather. I always loved looking at that lion perched atop a shelf in his office, so when he passed away in 2011 my grandmother gave it to me. I love that a little piece of my grandfather has made its way into the baby's room. On a less sentimental note, obviously Jason and I are big fans of the giraffe. I think we're glad we have kids to justify the fact that we wanted a big stuffed giraffe! Finally, I'm a sucker for monograms, so I am thrilled with how that turned out as well. 













Project Details:
 Paint: Cincinnatian Hotel Ashley Atrium by Valspar

Side Table: Purchased from At Home (formerly Garden Ridge)

Zebra Rocker: Purchased from Once Upon A Child for a whopping $8 on Black Friday

Bedding: Reese Nursery Bedding from Pottery Barn Kids

Monogram: Etsy shop AlphabetBoutique123

Framed Prints: Etsy shop studioQgallery (frames are from Target)

Curtains: Newport Grommet Window Panels from Bed, Bath, and Beyond

Wooden Elephant Art: Pottery Barn Kids

Giraffe: Melissa and Doug

Rug: Ikea

Other Items: The lamps both came from Ikea, as did the plant on the dresser. The silver elephant and the white lantern came from TJ Maxx. The wooden car was purchased at a craft fair and the mirrored "C" came from At Home. My mom painted the lion and Jason made the ark. The candle came from Target.




No comments:

Post a Comment